Current Job Openings
Below is a list of current employment opportunities at Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center. Application directions are attached at the bottom of each position. Thank you for your interest in working for Prescott Farm!
Click to expand:
Nature-Based Preschool Substitute Teacher
Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center seeks on-call Substitute Teachers for its nature-based preschool program for children ages 3-5.
Prescott Farm’s educational philosophy inspires life-long connections with nature through creative lessons and exposure to the natural learning environment. Substitute Teachers will support whole child development through play and exploration while delivering sound, developmentally appropriate instruction to inspire and nurture the young learners, while respecting individual children’s needs.
Fledglings, our Nature-Based Preschool Program, is part of Prescott Farm, a non-profit environmental education center located on White Oaks Road in Laconia, NH. Fledglings offers an integrated Nature-Based Curriculum for 3-5 year olds with an option of attending 2, 3, or 5 days a week. The majority of the students’ days are spent outside in all weather.
- Upon arrival, review Substitute Folder which gives the daily schedule, routines, basic expectations and specific lesson plans left by the teacher who is absent. In addition to sub plans, there will also be materials needed for the specific lesson outline.
- Sign in and out on the required licensing attendance sheet.
- Arrive prepared for outside lessons and have appropriate clothing for all types of weather during all seasons.
- Attend training to become familiar with basic classroom rules and routines, state licensing law as it pertains to teacher responsibilities, Prescott Farm rules and regulations, emergency and safety procedures.
- Be part of the team. Other team members will support and inform the substitute throughout the day as needed when questions arise.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Prior experience/training in early childhood education
- High School diploma
- Be certified/ trained in CPR or be willing to do so
- Must pass a criminal background check
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and 3 references via e-mail to: Jayne Hastings, Preschool Director at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Status: Part-time, on an as-needed basis
Compensation: Hourly, TBD based on experience
Field teachers at Prescott Farm will lead small groups of students from area schools in hands-on discovery of ecological concepts and occasionally lead or co-lead non-school group programs. Field teachers encourage program participants’ awareness of, and sense of connection to, the natural world, as well as foster a sense of wonder and a sense of place.
- Attend field teacher training classes (2 day initial training and occasional professional development)
- Observe/shadow experienced environmental educators leading programs
- Lead groups of 10-20 students
- Guide student investigation through hands-on activities
- Assist staff in organization of program materials
- Convey Prescott Farm’s mission through our educational programs
- Participate in planning and/or organizational meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Teaching experience/or experience working with children
- Basic natural history science background, local natural history a plus
- Interest in natural history and environmental education
- Enthusiasm & creativity
- Must be responsible and prompt
- Successful completion of Field Teacher training
- Flexible schedule is a must (we need staff for both weekday and weekend programs)
- Must pass a background check
Please send a letter of interest and your resume via e-mail to Jude Hamel, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.